Friday, January 22, 2010

My first Discus Breeding w/ Frys.



During Christmas vacation (Dec 2009) hanging in Philly area, i decided to visit friend Hans (known in discus hobby as Discus Hans) Its an amazing hatchery with more than 5000 fish (yes u read that right). I picked up my long awaited, long wished Marlboro Reds. These were 2 adults or young adults fron 2 different tanks. With able guidance from Hans and some negotiations with Aditya - I picked the pair.
They were in my tank Dec 28th. In QT for a week and then Jan 4th they were on their own in the 29 gallong tank with breeding cone. Jan 7th 2010, they laid eggs, Jan 10th I had wigglers, Jan 15th they went free swimming attaching to parents bodies and today Jan 22nd they are all over the place.
Been an interesting week with the frys so far.
The frys went off the cone wigglers to parents body attachment. Today they are really free swimming.
Its a great site to watch. The parents are getting offensive everytime I approach the tank. Feeding FBW 3 times a day and 5 gallon water change everyday. I do not have aging mechanism yet so very cautious of how much water change I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment